Thanks to continuous progress in selection, the Agricultural Institute Osijek offers maize hybrids that are characterized not only by high yields and excellent quality, but also by adaptability to different growing conditions.
Therefore, OS hybrids are readily sown in the Republic of Croatia and in the region, as well as beyond.
You, agricultural producers and partners, have recognized the quality and contributed to a significant increase in the representation of OS hybrids of maize and their further expansion in production.
That’s why we continue to offer you top corn hybrids from different FAO groups that ensure successful agricultural production.
We are grateful for your trust and wish you high yields.
OS 255 SU
- Medium-height leafy stalk;
- Medium early sweet corn hybrid, of the normal sugary type;
- Vegetation period: 80–82 days from germination to harvesting;
- It is characterized by high yields and exceptional quality of kernels;
- Ears are of uniform length (18 cm) and cylindrical;
- Ears are fully enveloped by husks;
- Intended to be consumed fresh and for industrial processing.
HYBRID FOR SOWING OF FIRST CROPS AND OF STUBBLE CROP
- A newer early-maturity group hybrid that is widely adaptable and primarily intended for dry grain production;
- Since becoming widely produced, it has recorded great production results in almost all localities in Croatia, as well as in Slovenia, Hungary, Romania and other countries;
- Medium-height, robust stalk with lush leaves, characterized by high tolerance to lodging;
- Medium-sized ears, compact and positioned at a medium height;
- Due to its relatively short vegetation period and fast kernel dry-down during maturation, other than being suitable as a hybrid for sowing of first crops, it is also very suitable as a hybrid for early sowing of stubble crops when, during normal years (without weather extremes such as early frost, etc.), maturation occurs prior to the onset of low temperatures; the yield is then similar to the first crop.
- A hybrid primarily used for dry grain production;
- Characterized by high germinability and germination rate, as well as by rapid and balanced initial growth;
- Suitable for the earliest sowing dates and regularly producing stable and (for its FAO group) high grain yields;
- It has a short, firm and robust stalk that is exceptionally resistant to lodging and a branched root system;
- Shorter cylindrical ears, positioned at a medium height and closely to the stalk;
- Very high tolerance to the most common diseases and adaptable to various soil and climate production conditions;
- It displays particularly high tolerance to drought and high air temperatures during pollination and grain filling periods.
HYBRID FOR DELAYED SOWING OR SOWING OF STUBBLE CROP
- Maize hybrid with three purposes: grain production, ear harvesting or silage production;
- Suitable for the earliest sowing dates; it produces stable yields in various production conditions;
- Within its FAO group, it stands out with its tall, robust and leafy stalk with low-positioned and medium large cylindrical ears;
- Deep and branched roots enable the supply of the plant with water and nutrients even in case of water shortage and on soils of poor physical and chemical properties;
- Excellent tolerance to common diseases and pests and excellent tolerance to drought conditions;
- Exceptionally adaptable to various production conditions;
- When sowed in somewhat denser stands, it regularly produces very high grain yields;
- Due to its tall and robust stalk, it is regularly used for early silage production or, in case of delayed sowing or sowing of stubble crop, as a silage-specific hybrid.
EXCELLENT PRODUCTION PROPERTIES
- Intended for grain production in eastern and central Croatia and for ear harvesting in the entire Croatia;
- Suitable for sowing at the earliest sowing dates;
- High germinability and germination rate;
- Tall, robust and leafy stalk with a prolonged stay-green period of its leaves and stalk;
- Deep, strong and branched roots;
- Shorter, large, regularly formed and tube-shaped ears;
- If this hybrid is sowed less densely, the production of a second ear is more common;
- High resistance to the most common diseases and pests;
- In unfavourable production conditions (poor soil and water shortage), it displays better production properties in comparison to other hybrids, while in excellent crop management conditions and favourable water and air conditions, it produces record yields.
UNIVERSAL PURPOSE IN ALL CULTIVATION AREAS
- Hybrid with three purposes: dry grain production due to fast kernel dry-down during maturation, high moisture corn production due to large and high-quality kernels and whole plant silage production due to great plant mass and excellent plant mass/kernel ratio;
- Tall, firm, intensely green and leafy stalk with tolerance to lodging;
- Large and cylindrical ears, closed at the top;
- High germinability and germination rate and very high resistance to the most common diseases and pests;
- Due to its universal purpose, this hybrid has been used in equal measure in all production areas in Croatia.
THE “KULAK” OF HYBRIDS
- One of the most sought-after OS maize hybrids from the selection programme of the Agricultural Institute Osijek;
- Due to its qualities, it is becoming more widespread in Croatia and abroad;
- It produces stable and high yields for all production purposes; it can thus be used for silage production and ear harvesting, but its most common purpose is kernel harvesting;
- It has a medium-height elastic stalk with large leaves of excellent resistance, as well as deep and branched roots, which make it exceptionally resistant to lodging;
- Medium large, upright and regular-tipped ears;
- Kernels have a deep reddish base and are characterized by fast dry-down;
- Increased tolerance to unfavourable climate conditions (water shortage and high air temperatures);
- Excellent adaptability to various production conditions;
- A hybrid that consistently produces better results than all other competitive hybrids in Croatia and a number of other countries.
FOR GRAIN AND EARLY SILAGE PRODUCTION
- A new hybrid from the mid-FAO 400 group whose basic purpose is grain production; however, due to its tall, leafy and robust stalk, it has achieved impressive results in early silage production;
- It is characterized by high germination rate and germinability (high grain vigour) and expressed kernel dry-down during maturation;
- It has a medium-height, robust stalk with lush leaves and high tolerance to lodging;
- Deep and branched roots with great absorption ability;
- Large cylindrical ears positioned at medium height with deep high-quality kernels; an exceptionally good ear/stalk ratio gives it an advantage in silage production over other competitive hybrids;
- It has displayed great adaptability to various climate and soil production conditions and is suitable for cultivation in all production areas in Croatia.
HIGH TOLERANCE TO UNFAVOURABLE CONDITIONS
- Alongside Kulak, it is one of the most sought-after corn hybrids from the selection programme of the Agricultural Institute Osijek;
- This hybrid is a true representative of the new generation of high-yield and high-stability hybrids;
- It is very similar to Kulak in terms of grain production, which is the basic purpose of this hybrid, but it displays a somewhat higher tolerance to unfavourable climate and soil production conditions (water shortage, high air temperatures, low quality soil);
- It has a firm stalk with large leaves and large, regular-tipped and low-positioned ears with regular-shaped reddish-based kernels;
- It is characterized by a slightly taller stalk than Kulak, as well as a deep, branched root system which allows better absorption of water and nutrients;
- With intensive crop management and in optimal weather conditions, Tomasov will achieve excellent grain yields.
THE NEWEST HYBRID OF THE AGRICULTURAL INSTITUTE OSIJEK
- Hybrid for all production purposes; its basic purpose is kernel harvesting;
- Since its introduction, it has produced excellent grain yields, which is why it has become a favourite of agricultural producers across Croatia within a short period;
- Medium-height stalk with a large number of erect leaves;
- Medium large to large ears;
- High resistance to the most common diseases;
- Characterized by wide adaptability to various soil and climate production conditions.
OS 504 PC
- High grain vigour;
- Medium-height, firm and stable stalk;
- Deep and branched roots;
- High drought tolerance;
- Excellent adaptability to various soil and climate production conditions;
- Characterized by high grain yield and high-quality popcorn;
- Kernels are yellow-orange and medium-sized (48–52 kernels in 10 g);
- Very high resistance to the most common diseases and pests.
THE NEW FLAGSHIP OF THE FAO 500 GROUP
- The new hybrid from the product range of the Agricultural Institute Osijek is intended for all aspects of production: grain or whole-plant silage in all production areas and dry grain production in eastern Croatia;
- A newer generation of hybrids of exceptional stability in production and an exceptional positive reaction in good agro-climatic production conditions;
- Characterized by a medium-height to tall and firm stalk, as well as a strong and deep root system;
- Cylindrical, medium large, regular-tipped ears with deep yellow dent-type kernels;
- Exceptional tolerance to high air temperatures;
- Excellent drought tolerance compared to other hybrids belonging to the same or similar FAO group.
HYBRID FOR ALL PRODUCTION AREAS
- Medium late to late high-yield corn hybrid with exceptional kernel quality and plant mass;
- For a number of years, it has been particularly popular with farmers whose production is based on ear production and storage and on grain or whole-plant silage production due to the excellent plant/ear ratio, which results in high yields and high-quality yields;
- Characterized by a tall, leafy, robust stalk with an extended stay-green period and a very large, cylindrical and regular-shaped ear;
- Kernels with high nutritional value, with a reddish base at the top, easy to harvest;
- Increased tolerance to diseases and pests, particularly Diabrotica;
- Excellent morphological characteristics and excellent adaptability to various climate and soil production conditions have made this hybrid widely accepted in all production areas in Croatia, as well as in other countries, from Europe to Africa and Asia.
EXCEPTIONAL RESULTS IN ALL PRODUCTION SEGMENTS
- One of the leaders in the group of silage maize hybrids from the selection programme of the Agricultural Institute Osijek for all production purposes;
- A hybrid with extraordinary grain yield potential and silage mass potential, which has in the last few years consistently broken records concerning grain production and silage mass production in Croatia, as well as in several other countries;
- Very popular hybrid with producers for silage or biogas production purposes;
- Tall stalk with large and robust leaves;
- Deep and branched roots;
- Resistance to common diseases and pests;
- Excellent adaptability to various production conditions;
- Production of very high yields of high-quality whole-plant or grain silage;
- Large, regular-shaped and healthy ears make this hybrid an excellent choice for those who consider ear harvesting the most important factor when selecting hybrids for their production.
HIGH-QUALITY SILAGE PRODUCTION
- A late hybrid that is found in all production areas in Croatia and in many other countries in the region due to its exceptionally high tolerance to various production conditions and due to its excellent production properties;
- This hybrid is primarily intended for grain or whole-plant silage production;
- High resistance to diseases and pests;
- Faster dry-down compared to the relevant FAO group;
- Excellent adaptability to various cultivation conditions;
- Lush, tall and firm stalk; larger leaves characterized by an extended stay-green period;
- Deep and branched roots;
- Large ears positioned at a greater height, with kernels that have a high nutritional value.
HIGH DROUGHT TOLERANCE
- Intended for grain or whole-plant silage, as well as for ear harvesting in eastern Croatia;
- Tall and robust stalk with large leaves of great stability;
- Medium large, high-positioned ears with orange-yellow dent-type kernels, light green husks and white cob;
- High resistance to the most common diseases and pests, which makes it a frequent choice of numerous agricultural producers;
- Thanks to its well-developed roots, the plant is highly stable and is characterized by better absorption of nutrients and water, which makes it more adaptable to water shortage in production.
IDEAL CHOICE FOR SILAGE AND BIOGAS PRODUCTION
- A newer maize hybrid whose basic purpose is silage or biogas production;
- In the last few years, it has produced stable and above-average yields, which is why it has become a favourite of agricultural producers in Croatia and abroad;
- Thanks to its excellent adaptability to various production conditions, Lila is cultivated in all parts of Croatia;
- Tall, robust and firm stalk with a greater number of large leaves characterized by an extended stay-green period;
- Large, high-positioned ears;
- Very deep and branched roots;
- Due to its large plant mass and large ears with higher-quality kernels, Lila is the preferred option for silage production for domestic animal feed.
NEW GENERATION OF SILAGE HYBRIDS
- Newer hybrid in the FAO 600 group which stands out with record yields in its FAO group;
- Its basic purpose is whole-plant or grain silage production;
- Medium-height, leafy, robust stalk, somewhat shorter than the stalk of the OSSK 635 and Lila hybrids;
- Large and regularly formed deep and branched roots with high resistance to lodging;
- Excellent adaptability and possibility of sowing in denser stands (for this FAO group) are this hybrid’s advantages with respect to stable silage production, as well as grain production in Eastern production areas.